Saturday, December 2, 2017

Cool Tools Blog

I did a blog last year when I took cool tools.  Note to self, do a better job at saving site and login information.  I read the articles and started thinking about how I might use a blog for my current project which is co-teaching a kindergarten tech class. 

I liked how Weebly had a site making page that was linked to a blog.  However, since we use google I thought I would check out the google classroom as my understanding is that too has blog capabilities.  I made a google classroom for my kindergarten tech page.  This might work  better for us as we use cleverized machines.  The kindergarten  teachers would like a big K that students click on and then it would bring them to a page with the sites on it. I think google classroom might work well for this because the most recent activity is posted at the top which is easy access.  It is also  my understanding that you could  have students blog too.  Here is the site that I started to create. It is a draft.  Some of the items are more updated on a USB that I keep at work.  Once I determine that this is the way to go, I will perfect and finish this site. 

https://classroom.google.com/u/1/c/ODIyMjY1MTA1NVpa


1 comment:

  1. A google classroom could work well. Especially if they'll be using it other grades as well. I can't view your test classroom, since I'm not a member of your school district. But that's ok, you'll find the best way to set things up by fiddling around! That's how I figured out how to do our Cool Tools classroom. Your topic sounds like such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete