Wednesday, February 20, 2019

THING 26 Media Skills

I have been using video much more this year in my library classes.  My third and fourth graders have made use of the discussion feature of schoology where they can video tape themselves responding to prompts and comment on their classmates' entries.  I also use SEESAW with kindergarten and I used it for the Global Read Aloud with second graders.

I looked at the information in this entry and I have used CANVA before.  I know how to take screenshots.  I didn't really have any projects in mind for resources such as Pixlr.  It also wants you to sign up with a credit card that you cancel once the free time is up which I was not interested in doing that.

I have used word art before so I didn't really have an interest in that but I was intrigued with the Camscanner and after reading the tips from Joyce Valenza, I downloaded camscanner on my IPAD and my phone.   Last year my phone died so I ended up scanning things off of my phone that I didn't want to lose again and downloading them into my IPAD photos.  I could have done this with my camera but I was interested in seeing the quality of the scans.  They are quite good and I used the multiple scan feature too and was pleasantly surprised.  I will use this helpful too frequently in the future.  Thanks for the information.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the camscanner app helpful! Try this link for pixlr https://pixlr.com/x/ - you should be able to edit photos without having to set up an account.

    ReplyDelete