Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thing 25 Green Screen Fun

I read the information posted and decided I would try the idea described by Nicole Rosen with one difference, I would use teachers' faces superimposed on their favorite book.  So far I have about three done and hope to have more for Read Across America on March 2nd.  I have noticed that a teacher's book recommendation goes a long way.  I was hoping this activity would not only provide a laugh and be a community builder at our school but also inspire some reading.

I ended up going back and forth between by IPAD and google drawings on my laptop.  I didn't have much luck with the free green screen sites.  The two I tried wanted payment before you could download something.  Since I just had my bank card suspended for such a purchase, I didn't want to take that route. 

I ended up getting the background to blend in by using the format color option.  Here are my efforts so far:

Amelia Bedelia

I Really Like Slop

When Randolph(s) Turned Rotten

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, sorry to hear you had your bank card suspended! Good work with Google Drawings. If you want to try with a tool that is totally free (at least it is for now... ) try LunaPic, it's on the Cool Tools lesson page and I just added some notes about which options to use. Fun idea to use teachers for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.ill try that.

    ReplyDelete