Saturday, February 3, 2018

Thing 7 Audio Tools

This past week I used seesaw with kindergarten and the kids loved the audio part of that.  They made on-line valentines and then added the audio that was sent home to mom and dad.  I wanted to follow up using seesaw and I plan to do something with 100 Days.  I made a template where the student could in theory, click and drag to their picture to add to it but that is not possible in Seesaw.  This led me to think about how I often mistakenly click on the record feature in slides/documents.  I designed a Choose Your Own Adventure where students can pick a character, pick a setting and then type in a problem and the solution.  Afterwards they record their story and submit it to me.  I will probably do this in Schoology because it organizes submissions and I will probably do it with fourth graders. Skills to practice are clicking and dragging, the audio portion, typing as well as the creative side of story making.  I think they will have a lot of fun with this.  I know I did!  Here they are:

Template
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1U0IUWTR6uq4k_I94bPopqsh3CVlJcULaRxSmEUQTOB0/edit?usp=sharing

My Example

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1feVuLHjspK2zPl1cbd7AmSONxtvyzhVkPoHqEsAGJhc/edit?usp=sharing

I plan to refine this page, make the girl as big as the boy, have more room for the pictures and less for the text as needed but my home computer was not cooperating so I will do that at work.


1 comment:

  1. Fun idea!! Are you using an addon of some sort to record within google docs/slides? Would love to know more! Also a tip you may already know, if you replace 'edit' with 'copy', anyone opening the slide link will be asked to make a copy, one less step for each student.
    eg: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1feVuLHjspK2zPl1cbd7AmSONxtvyzhVkPoHqEsAGJhc/copy

    ReplyDelete