Saturday, January 6, 2018

Thing 5 Presentation Tools

I am quite familiar, thanks to your class last year, with many of the items listed under presentation tools.  In fact, we had a lot of fun last year with screencastomatic.   I had some kids who would come in to hang out with me during lunch.  Every spring I have a celebration reading assembly.  Typically, the principal or myself or sometimes we team up and act out some books.  I decided why have all of the fun when the kids could do it using screecastomatic and then I didn't have to worry about them remembering their lines etcetera.  So they picked a few picture books that I scanned in and then the practiced, practiced practiced reading the parts and at the assembly I had the books playing on the big screen while the students acted them out.  I will probably use this tool again at this year's spring assembly. 

I messed around with tellagami before I realized that it is an iOS app which I can't use at my school.  I took a look at Sutori but didn't think it was a fit and then finally I took a closer look at Buncee.  Buncee is perfect for a kindergarten tech project that I will do around Valentine's Day.  I will have the kids make an audio/visual valentine to send home.  Here is my very scary example:

https://app.edu.buncee.com/buncee/fc125d69fbd04104990ba3970d643fad

1 comment:

  1. I'm frustrated with tellegami right now, they haven't updated their app to the latest iOS version. And I wish they would come out with versions for android and chrome too. OH well, we can't get everything for free. Great use of screencastomatic! And buncee looks like it will be great for you kiddos.

    ReplyDelete